Tel: +41-44-872 40 50
The Rhineland Route project is a major transportation project in a part of Holland through which the Rhine river flows on its way towards Rotterdam, and involves the construction of an expressway connecting the cities of Katwijk (via the A44 motorway) and Leiden (on the A4).
The project also includes the rebuilding of a motorway junction at Leiden West, the construction of a new 4-km road that includes a 2.2 km long tunnel, the widening of 12 km motorway, and making necessary adjustments on the A4 and A44.
For the bridges of the project, mageba designed and manufactured a wide range of bridge bearings and expansion joints:
• 382 LASTO BLOCK elastomeric bearings of types B and NBa, designed for loads of up to 1,946 kN
• 18 RESTON SPHERICAL bearings of various types and designs, including guided sliding bearings designed for 38,600 kN vertical load, 1,500 kN transverse load and +/- 121 mm movement
• 4 RESTON FORCE horizontal force bearings, designed for transverse forces of 1,035 kN and movements of +/- 148 mm
• 2 TENSA GRIP RS single-gap expansion joints with a total length of 60 m and 15 RS-LS joint with noise reducing surfacing and a total length of 335 m
• 4 TENSA FINGER RSFD cantilever finger expansion joints, with a total length of 70 m, designed to accommodate movements between 200–320 mm
LASTO-BLOCK B and nBA elastomeric beaings, RESTON-SPHERICAL bearings, RESTON-FORCE bearings, TENSA-GRIP RS and RS-LS expansion joints, TENSA-FINGER RSFD finger joints
Katwijk and Leiden